A special feature of this new development is the revolutionary arrangement of the X and Y axes, which function as gantry here. The short distance between the guides guarantees extremely high and constant stability throughout the working area. The optimized Gantry offers better lateral accessibility compared to the classic Gantry. In case of connection of an automation system, access to the work area is guaranteed.
The new concept reduces the support surface and at the same time increases the work area. The valid rotary table has been maintained and improved and now has a load capacity of 400 kg. The table is also available as a torque table for milling-turning technology. The DMU 60 eVo linear is equipped as standard with a ball screw with 50 m / min fast speed and is available as a dynamic variant with linear actuators on X and Y and a rapid speed of 80 m / min.
The spindle speed ranges from 14,000 to 24,000 rpm. Numerous extensions, such as pallet changers or tool magazines with up to 120 seats, expand the range of applications for the new DMU 60 eVo linear.
Highlights DMU 60 eVo / linear
– Optimized Gantry construction, high stability, good accessibility, small footprint
– Dynamic NC high speed swift rotary table, 60 min-1 on the B and C axes and load limit of 400 kg.
– Simultaneous machining on 5 sides and up to 5 axes
– Dynamic version with linear actuator on the X and Y axes for greater power and precision. High speed of rapid, up to 80 m / min
– High performance electrospindle of 14,000 min-1, 18,000 min-1 or 24,000 min-1
– 30 tool magazine with double gripper for fast and reliable tool change
– 3D control technology with DMG ERGOline® or, alternatively, with Heidenhain iTNC 530 or Siemens 840D solutionline control
The DMU Gantry series uniquely combines the machining of large work pieces with unbeatable dynamics for the benefit of users in modeling, automotive, aerospace and the energy sector.
A universal milling machine that guarantees simultaneous 5-axis machining with a stable rotary table.
Compact horizontal machining center for mass production of cylinder heads and cylindrical blocks.